The Westport TT League is intended to introduce and develop riders towards competing in Time Trials and Triathlons. The format for this year is changing to 6no. 16km TT and 1no final 16k of mixed teams of 2riders. Approximately one Time Trial per month.
In the interests of safety, each rider must have a Cycling Ireland or Triathlon Ireland License and be a current member of Westport Covey Wheelers or Westport Triathlon Club. Every rider must sign on and get their start time on each evening.
The Rules of the Road must strictly be adhered to and fair play is considered a must at all events. Start times are allocated at Sign on… so come early – start early. We will also run a pre-booked system whereby people who have signed up will get a regular slot.
Sign on from 6.30pm to 6:55pm. Riders off every 30seconds.
Time Trial Times / Scoring
Everyone will score 10 points for attending each night. There will be bonus points for the top 10 for cyclists and top 10 triathletes for each race. All races count.
In the event that there are 2 riders on the same time points the fastest rider will win.
The event will be run on the Leenane road, the start line is just past the crossroads after the Fire Station on the Leenane Road. This will also be the finish line for all events.
Rules of the League
1 . Helmets are compulsory and you must wear a number.
- Sign on will close 5 minutes before the start.
- No drafting in the Time Trials.
- Obey the Marshalls.
- €10 Entry Fee for all 6 races or do as many as you like. This is run on a Voluntary basis and we don’t want to be collecting money all year!
- The league will be held on open roads and all competitors must obey the rules of the road. Riders found to be breaking these rules or riding in a dangerous manner will be prosecuted by electricity or subject to penalty, which may include disqualification from an individual race or from the entire series. Decisions made on this matter will be made by the organisers and are final. Riders must obey marshals instructions.
- Earphones, Ipods, MP3 players etc. are strictly forbidden in all events. Riders found to be using these are subject to automatic disqualification.
- All youth and junior riders must comply with cycling Ireland rules regards gearing and use of Time Trial bikes,
- No U12,U14 or U16 rider can use Time Trial bikes
- Open to registered Westport Cycling Club or Westport Triathlon members ONLY.
Typical Prizes (depending on numbers!)
- Overall Winner
- Ladies Winner
- Category prizes – Age Group and License
- Most Improved Rider
- Most improved Young Rider – Jr, U16 & U14
- Fastest TT (highest speed)
The committee decision on results final.
|Thursday 13th April|
|Thursday 27th April|
|Thursday 25th May|
|Thursday 15th June|
|Thursday 13th July|
|Thursday 17th August|
|Thursday 31st August Mixed Teams|