Westport TT League
The Westport TT League is intended to introduce and develop riders towards competing in Time Trials and Triathlons. The format for the league is as follows: A Spring Series of 4 races and an Autumn Series of 4 races over the same routes.
In the interests of safety, each rider must have a Cycling Ireland or Triathlon Ireland License and be a member of EITHER Westport Covey Wheelers or Westport Triathlon Club. Every rider must sign on and get their start time on each evening.
The Rules of the Road must strictly be adhered to and fair play is considered a must at all events. Start times are allocated at Sign on… so come early – start early.
Sign on from 6.30pm to 6:55pm. Riders off every 30seconds.
Time Trial Times / Scoring
Everyone will score 10 points for attending each night. There will be bonus points for the top 10 for cyclists and top 10 triathletes for each race. All races count.
In the event that there are 2 riders on the same time points the fastest rider will win.
The event will be run on the Leenane road. The 8km will start at Siobhan O’Malley’s mothers house just passed Liscarney Post Office. All other races will start just past the crossroads after the Fire Station on the Leenane Road. This will be the finish line for all events.
Rules of the League
1 . Helmets are compulsory and you must wear a number.
2. Sign on will close 5 minutes before the start.
3. No drafting in the Time Trials.
4. Obey the Marshalls.
5. €20 Entry Fee for all 8 race or do as many as you like. This is run on a Voluntary basis and we don’t want to be collecting money all year!
6. The league will be held on open roads and all competitors must obey the rules of the road. Riders found to be breaking these rules or riding in a dangerous manner will
be subject to penalty, which may include disqualification from an individual race or from the entire series. Decisions made on this matter will be made by the organisers
and are final. Riders must obey marshals instructions.
7. Earphones, Ipods, MP3 players etc. are strictly forbidden in all events. Riders found to be using these are subject to automatic disqualification.
8. All youth and junior riders must comply with cycling Ireland rules regards gearing and use of Time Trial bikes,
9. No U12,U14 or U16 rider can use Time Trial bikes
10. Open to registered Westport Cycling Club or Westport Triathlon members ONLY.
Typical Prizes (depending on numbers!)
1. Overall Winner
2. Ladies Winner
3. Category prizes – Age Group and License
4. Most Improved Rider
5. Most improved Young Rider – Jr, U16 & U14
6. Fastest TT (highest speed)
The committee decision on results final.
Dates & Routes:
|Spring League||Start / Sign on|
|Thursday 7th April||Liscarney|
|Thursday 21st April||Fire Station|
|Thursday 5th May||Fire Station|
|Thursday 19th May||Fire Station|
|Autumn League||Start / Sign on|
|Thursday 11th August||Liscarney|
|Thursday 25th August||Fire Station|
|Thursday 8th September||Fire Station|
|Thursday 22nd September||Fire Station|