The 2016 Covey League 2nd round continues next Wednesday 24th June The league is getting tight at the top with Keith Mulroy looking to hold his lead with only 2 races left in the year.
Sign on at the Skate Park from 6.00 -6.25 Race start at 6.45 SHARP.
We have introduced another new route to keep it mixed up this year!
Starting at the Fire Station you will cover the same route as the TT but we will turn the groups a little further out to get us the 42K race route. We will have marshals at the turn to indicate where it is and for your safety.
Finish is the top of Farnaught.
*If you not cycling then please marshal, these races cannot happen without marshals. We need 8 marshals for this race and it would be good to see new faces as we are always relying on the same people. **
The sign on fee of €5 for one race or €20 (15 for Juniors) for the whole league. Please ensure you have the correct cost to save messing around with change.
***Please keep off the road until the road commences. We need to ensure we have a flow of traffic and also for your own safety.***
The race is handicapped and groups will be kept small to encourage cooperation among the riders and if the group works hard they will be fighting for the race win.
- 1st 10 across the line.
- 10 points for all participants.
- Bonus points of 5 4 3 for 1st 3 in each group across the line.
- Wear race number on back of jersey which must be visible.
- License must be presented at sign on for your 1st race.
- Helmets are compulsory.
- Failure to obey the rules of the road will result in elimination.
- Marshalls instructions must be obeyed.
- Bikes must be in good working order.
- No TT bars or TimeTrial bikes.
As always winner to submit race report to club e mail.
If you can bring along a marshal or helper please do.