After 5 rounds of the league Michael Brady Covey Westport strengthens his grip on the league when he was the first rider home in 7th place in the Holian cup, this gave him max points of 50 to extend his lead on the overall after 5rnds. Ger Corcoran lies in 2nd overall and with very few Coveys in the top ten the pressure is on to hold the red jersey of the overall leader in GC and to maintain the gap in the Team Classification.
Next race in the series is the Tom Bourke sponsored mid summer GP in Westport on Friday June 22nd and Western Lakes riders have been instructed to ‘up the ante if they want to win the league this year’. As discussed at race meetings every placing is worth fighting for, so no rolling home over the line, give it everything right to the end!
In the Team/ club overall Westport Covey Wheelers also lead the standing on 1590pts to Western Lakes 1468pts.
General Classification Top Ten:
1. Michael Brady Westport Covey Wheelers 317pts
2. Ger Corcoran Westport Covey Wheelers 306pts
3. Sean O’Malley Western Lakes CC 306pts
4. Padraig Marrey Western Lakes CC 275pts
5. Barry Holian Western Lakes CC 257pts
6. Kieran Heneghan Western Lakes CC 237pts
7. Keith O’Connell Westport Covey Wheelers 223pts
8. Patjoe O’Connell Westport Covey Wheelers 209pts
9. Shane Gilligan Western Lakes CC 204pts
10. Kevin Ryan Western Lakes CC 197pts